Error message when a role assignee runs the Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a management role assignment that has a custom recipient write scope in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You assign the Mailbox Import Export management role to a role assignee.
- The role assignee tries to run the Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics cmdlet against a mailbox that is outside the custom recipient write scope.
In this scenario, the cmdlet fails, and the role assignee receives the following error message:
Export request isn't within your current write scopes. Can't perform save operation.Note
The assignee does not have to have write permissions to run the Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics
cmdlet. Therefore, the cmdlet should run successfully.
This issue is caused by an incorrect Role Based Access Control (RBAC) scope verification that occurs when Exchange Server 2010 runs the Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics cmdlet.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the Mailbox Import Export
management role, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about management role scopes, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about the Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics
cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information about mailbox permissions, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2682895 - Last Review: 06/28/2012 02:21:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2682895