FIX: An update that includes the 2012 daylight saving time changes for Chile is available for Windows CE 5.0
An update that includes the 2012 daylight saving time (DST) change for Chile is available for Windows CE 5.0. This update changes the time zone data to accommodate the DST changes in Chile.
The Chilean government announced that for the year 2012, the government will continue implementing a schedule of reduced winter by extending DST. The new DST definition is as follows:
- For the mainland, daylight saving time ends at 23:59:59 on April 28, 2012. At this time, the clocks should be reset to go back to 23:00 of the same day.
- For the mainland, daylight saving time starts at 23:59:59 on September 1, 2012. At this time, the clocks should be reset to go forward to 01:00 of the next day.
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows CE 5.0 Monthly Update March 2012. You can confirm this by scrolling to the "File information" section. The package file name contains the product version, date, Microsoft Knowledge Base article number, and processor type. The package file name uses the following format:
Product version-yymmdd-kbnnnnnn-processor typeFor example, Wincepb50-060503-kb917590-armv4i.msi is the ARMV4i Windows CE 5.0 Platform Builder fix that is documented in Knowledge Base article 917590 and that is contained in the May 2006 monthly update.
Note This Windows CE 5.0 monthly update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build OS menu, make sure that the following options are selected, and then click Sysgen:
- Clean Before Building
- Copy Files to Release Directory After Build
- Make Run-Time Image After Build
- On the Build OS menu, click Open Release Directory. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:blddemo clean -q
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this software update package has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Files that are included in this update package
|File name||File size||Date||Time||Path|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2683396 - Last Review: 04/10/2012 17:01:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Windows CE 5.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbpubtypekc kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2683396