Upgrading to Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1 fails with error 1603
When upgrading to Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 (UAG) Service Pack 1 (SP1), the upgrade fails with error 1603 and rolls back. You may also see the following in the UAG SP1 Setup log files for UAG which are located at %ProgramData%\Microsoft\UAG\Logs:
- MSI (s) (48!98) [08:51:45:640]: Closing MSIHANDLE (577708) of type 790531 for thread 5016
- MSI (s) (48!98) [08:51:45:662]: Creating MSIHANDLE (577709) of type 790531 for thread 5016
- UAG CA (Info): Error: Caught error (will rethrow after rollback): System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
- at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
- at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
- at Microsoft.UAG.Transformer.Core.PolicyConverter.ProcessTrunk(String trunkName, XmlNode trunkNode, String policySettingsNodeXPath)
- at Microsoft.UAG.Transformer.Core.PolicyConverter.ConvertData()
- at Microsoft.UAG.Transformer.Core.SchemaConversionRuntime.Run()
- MSI (s) (48!98) [08:51:45:662]: Closing MSIHANDLE (577709) of type 790531 for thread 5016
- MSI (s) (48!98) [08:51:45:663]: Creating MSIHANDLE (577710) of type 790531 for thread 5016
- UAG CA (Info): Info: Firing ProgressChanged event: Step: 0%, Description: 'Conversion aborted due to error, Rolling back.'.
This can occur if UAG is configured with the Sharepoint-specific download and upload endpoint policies prior to running the SP1 upgrade. The installation process raises an exception and rolls back when the name of one (or more) of the existing standard policies is in use by an application.
To resolve this issue, create new custom policies with the same data and use those instead of the Sharepoint-specific download and upload endpoint policies.
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2685784 - Last Review: 03/20/2012 15:09:00 - Revision: 1.0