Consider the following scenario:
You perform an in-place upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010. Post the upgrade, you observe that users who have Office 2003 clients installed cannot upload multiple files to the server.
The multiple file upload is started, you see the upload progress and receive the confirmation that all files are uploaded; but no files are uploaded to the document library. The same client is able to upload multiple files against a clean install of SharePoint 2010.
We see the same behavior with Office 2007.
However, with Office 2010, the multiple file upload option works as expected.
The difference between an upgraded SharePoint 2010 environment and a clean installation is the ordered list of Handler mappings in IIS manager.
In the list, 'ISAPI-dll' has to be above 'PageHandlerFactory-Integrated'.
Follow the steps listed below to implement the changes:
- Before making any changes in the IIS, it is recommended to take a backup of current configuration.
- Run the following command from an administrative command prompt that is set to 'C:\window\system32\inetsrv'
appcmd.exe add backup beforeHandlerMappingChange
- Open IIS manager
- Click on the server name at the top left of IIS manager.
- Double-click on 'Handler Mappings' under 'IIS' section and then click 'View Ordered List' on the right-hand pane.
- Locate 'ISAPI-dll' and click on 'Move Up' link until it is listed above 'PageHandlerFactory-Integrated' in the mappings list.
Please check the ordered list at the web site level and repeat the steps listed above if necessary.
Article ID: 2687940 - Last Review: 03/26/2012 12:52:00 - Revision: 8.0