Virtual machine configured to use an ISO has a status of Unsupported VM Configuration in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
KB2706783 - Description of Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2706783)
To workaround the Unsupported VM Configuration status, detach the ISO file using the Hyper-V Manager console.
To detach the ISO file using the Hyper-V Manager console, perform the following steps:
1. Open the Hyper-V Manager console on the server that is running the virtual machine that has the “Unsupported VM Configuration” status.
2. Open the Virtual Machine Settings.
3. Select the DVD Drive, change the media option to None and click OK.
4. In the VMM console, refresh the virtual machine.
5. Once the VM refresh completes, the virtual machine should show the correct status.
To prevent this issue from occurring, do not select the “Share image file instead of copying it” option when attaching an ISO file to a virtual machine.
Article ID: 2690619 - Last Review: 07/25/2012 15:31:00 - Revision: 2.1
- kbtshoot KB2690619