FIX: A messages that fails validation is suspended incorrectly if you use a POP3 adapter in BizTalk Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a receive port in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010. Additionally, the "Track Message Bodies - Request message before port processing" option on this receive port is enabled.
- You create a receive location that belongs to this receive port in order to receive POP3 email messages by using the POP3 adapter from a mail server.
- A message from the mail server arrives at the receive location, and message validation fails.
In this scenario, the message is not suspended correctly. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
The Messaging Engine encountered an error while suspending one or more messages.
- When this issue occurs, the message is not removed from the mail server and BizTalk polls the message repeatedly.
- The issue only occurs to a message that has its validation fail.
Cumulative update information
For BizTalk Server 2010
The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 5 for BizTalk Server 2010.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update package 5 for BizTalk Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For information about the service packs and cumulative update list for BizTalk Server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Service pack and cumulative update list for BizTalk Server
For more information about BizTalk hotfixes and Service Pack support, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Information about BizTalk hotfixes and Service Pack support
Article ID: 2691537 - Last Review: 06/19/2012 22:57:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft BizTalk Server Enterprise 2010
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbbiztalk2010presp1fix kbbtsadapters KB2691537