BUG: The Addition of a Merge Article with a Subset Filter Might Cause the Snapshot Agent to Fail
This article was previously published under Q269204
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
BUG #: 234987(SHILOH)
When all of the following conditions are met:
- The sp_addmergearticle stored procedure has a subset filter clause defined.
- The new article does not have a rowguid column.
- Snapshot files for the existing publication were ready before this article.
When you add an article to a pre-existing merge publication by using the sp_addmergearticle
stored procedure, the Snapshot Agent might fail and the following error message occurs:
Invalid column name 'rowguid'
To work around this problem:
- Add a rowguid column to the article by using the following code:
sp_MSaddguidindex 'publication_name', 'table_owner', 'table_name'
- Re-start the Snapshot Agent.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in SQL Server 2000.
sync, initialization, row, horizontal, filter, sp_MSpublicationview
Article ID: 269204 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 20:31:54 - Revision: 3.2
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbpending KB269204