Exchange ActiveSync does not synchronize some Outlook contact information as expected
Consider the following scenario:
- Your mailbox is hosted on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- You create a new contact in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Under Phone numbers, you type a telephone number in the Home and Mobile fields.
- You click Business, click Other, and then type a telephone number in the Other field.
- You synchronize your mobile device that uses Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync over-the-air.
This issue occurs because the Exchange ActiveSync protocol does not support synchronizing some contact information.
The behavior that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section can occur if you change the field name for any of the default fields. For example, if you click Business, Home, Business FAX, or Mobile, and then change the field name to Other, the data is not synchronized as expected.
The following table summarizes the field names that will synchronize and that will not synchronize as expected:
|Field names that will synchronize||Field names that will not synchronize|
|Business Fax||Other Fax|
For more information about the elements in the Contact class, visit the following MSDN website:
Article ID: 2692134 - Last Review: 03/22/2012 22:25:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot KB2692134