Unable to enable MAC spoofing when creating a Virtual Machine template in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
The virtual network adapter setting Enable spoofing of MAC address may not be applied even after enabling it when creating or modifing a Virtual Machine (VM) template in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
The resulting PowerShell script that is created with the VM template wizard omits the -EnableMACAddressSpoofing parameter.
Use the following commands in a VMM command shell to configure this setting for an existing VM template. NOTE
Replace VMTemplate01 in the example below with the name of the template to be modified
PS C:\> $VMTemplate = Get-SCVMTemplate -Name "VMTemplate01"PS C:\> $VirtNetworkAdapter = Get-SCVirtualNetworkAdapter -VMTemplate $VMTemplatePS C:\> Set-SCVirtualNetworkAdapter -VirtualNetworkAdapter $VirtNetworkAdapter -EnableMACAddressSpoofing $True
When creating a new VM template, on the Configure Hardware step, select a hardware profile with Enable spoofing of MAC address
To create a Hardware Profile:
- In the VMM console, open the Library workspace.
- In the left pane, expand Profiles, and then click Hardware Profiles.
- On the Home tab, in the Create group, click Create, and then click Hardware Profile.
- In the New Hardware Profile dialog box, on the General page, in the Name text box, provide a name for the hardware profile.
- In the left pane of the New Hardware Profile dialog box, click Hardware Profile, and then configure the desired settings including selecting Enable spoofing of MAC address for the virtual network adapter.
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2693675 - Last Review: 04/02/2012 17:59:00 - Revision: 2.0