You receive duplicate read receipts from a user who is using an IMAP4 client in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- On a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 server, you run the Set-ImapSettings -SuppressReadReceipt $true cmdlet in Microsoft Exchange Management Shell, and then restart the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP4) service.
Note The Set-ImapSettings -SuppressReadReceipt $true cmdlet specifies that IMAP4 users who enable the Send read receipts for messages I send option in their IMAP4 clients only receive a read receipt when the recipient opens the message.
- You send a user an email message and request a read receipt.
- The user logs on to the mailbox by using an IMAP4 client, and then opens the email message.
- You receive a read receipt.
This issue occurs because the SuppressReadReceipt flag for IMAP4 messages is always set to False.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2655203 Description of Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2696628 - Last Review: 04/16/2012 16:56:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2696628