FIX: Passwords that contain special characters may not be recognized for Nokia Mail for Exchange users in Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) 2010 SP1
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure an HTTPS trunk in Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Microsoft Exchange 2010 services.
- You install Nokia Mail for Exchange version 2.9.158 on the Forefront UAG trunk.
- Users use special characters such as the pound sterling character (£) as part of their password.
- A user tries to access his or her mailbox by using the Forefront UAG trunk.
In this scenario, the user's password is not recognized.
To resolve this problem, install the service pack that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
2710791 Description of Service Pack 2 for Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesThe third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 2697049 - Last Review: 12/07/2012 12:16:00 - Revision: 3.1
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug kbsurveynew KB2697049