Description of the update for Lync Server 2010: April 2012
This article describes the update for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 that is dated April 2012.
This article includes the following information about the update:
- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for applying the update
- Whether you must restart the computer after you apply the update
- Whether the update is replaced by any other update
- Whether you must make any changes to the registry
- The files that the update contains
Issues that this update fixesThis update fixes the issue that is documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
- 2684128 An update is available for Lync Server 2010 to remove the "LastActive" attribute from the aggregation state category
- 2670352 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: February 2012
- 2514980 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: November 2011
- 2571546 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: July 2011
- 2500442 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: April 2011
- 2664650 Microsoft push notification messages are not delivered to Lync mobile clients
Update informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
2670352 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: February 2012
Registry informationTo use one of the updatees in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update installation informationTo apply this update, install the Server.msp package on the following computers:
- Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
Removal informationTo remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel. Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update, you are prompted for the source CD. If you are prompted for the source CD, insert it. Or, provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Dbcommon.sql||Not Applicable||20,519||21-Jul-11||2:32||Not Applicable|
|Dbrtc.sql||Not Applicable||1,283,344||18-Feb-12||17:21||Not Applicable|
|Dbsetup.wsf||Not Applicable||108,754||18-Feb-12||17:21||Not Applicable|
|File_interclusterrouting.am||Not Applicable||13,127||18-Feb-12||16:51||Not Applicable|
|File_outboundrouting.am||Not Applicable||11,589||18-Feb-12||16:49||Not Applicable|
|File_translationservice.am||Not Applicable||11,056||18-Feb-12||16:49||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010
Article ID: 2698370 - Last Review: 04/20/2012 23:19:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition, Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
- kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew atdownload KB2698370