Windows Server Solutions Best Practices Analyzer is available for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard
Windows Server Solutions Best Practices Analyzer is available for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard.
Windows Server Solutions Best Practices Analyzer 1.0 (Windows Server Solutions BPA) is a diagnostic tool that is built on the Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer (MBCA) technology. Windows Server Solutions BPA scans a computer that is running one of the following operating systems and then compares the existing server settings to a predefined set of recommended best practices:
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
- Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials
- Windows Multipoint Server 2011 Standard
- Windows Multipoint Server 2011 Premium
- Collects information about a server
- Determines whether the server settings comply with a set of best practices that we recommend
- Provides a report of the scan results that identifies differences between the server settings and the recommended best practices
- Identifies conditions that may cause problems with the server
- Recommends solutions to potential problems
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard.
Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer (MBCA) 2.0 is required for Windows Server Solutions BPA. If you do not have MBCA 2.0 installed, this update will install MBCA 2.0 automatically.
For more information about MBCA 2.0, go to the following Microsoft website:
Registry informationTo use the update in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
You can start a BPA scan by logging on to a local server or by logging on to the server from a remote computer. A schedule task will be created to run all the BPA rules during the middle of the night and to present the results on the admin console.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2698659 - Last Review: 06/13/2012 04:40:00 - Revision: 3.0
Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard
- kbfix atdownload kbsurveynew kbinfo kbexpertiseadvanced kbsmbportal KB2698659