How to add a product key to the Eval version of System Center 2012 Operations Manager
After you install Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, and then you view the About information on the Help menu, you may see (Eval) after the version information. This means that you're running the evaluation edition of the program.
This article describes how to add a product key to the evaluation edition of System Center Operations Manager 2012.
To set the product key, use the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet in PowerShell.
Note To use the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet, you must use elevated permissions (Run as Administrator).
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- Load the OperationsManager module (import-module operationsmanager).
- Connect to your management group (New-SCOMManagementGroupConnection).
- Run the Set-SCOMLicense -ProductId "<yourlicensekey>“ command.
- To check whether the changes were made, run the following command: Get-SCOMManagementGroup | ft skuforlicense, version, timeofexpiration –a
For more information about the Set-SCOMLicense cmdlet, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh920237.aspx.
If the Eval edition has expired, you must apply Update Rollup 2 or later before you run these commands.
Article ID: 2699998 - Last Review: 06/24/2013 19:42:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager Service Pack 1
- kbtshoot KB2699998