When you try to join a Skype for Business Online (formerly Lync Online) meeting by using Lync Web App through Internet Explorer 9, you receive the following error message:
There was an error while joining the conference. Please contact the meeting organizer.
This issue is known to usually occur on computers that are joined to a domain.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Reset Internet Explorer 9 to its default settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Internet options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset.
Test to see whether the issue is fixed. If it isn't, go to step 2.
- Use a web browser other than Internet Explorer 9. For example, use Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2701601 - Last Review: May 14, 2015 - Revision: 8.0
- Skype for Business Online
|o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 o365 KB2701601|