The Activity Feeds tab or the Phone tab is displayed unexpectedly in Lync 2010
You encounter one of the following issues in a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environment:
- When you apply a client policy to disable the Activity Feeds tab in Lync 2010, the Activity Feeds tab is displayed and then disappears unexpectedly.
- When a user who does not have Enterprise Voice enabled signs in to a Lync 2010 client, the Phone tab is displayed and then disappears unexpectedly.
These issues typically occur when network latency is high.
This issue is caused by a timing issue that occurs when Lync 2010 creates tabs.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: June 2012
For more information about how to disable the Activity Feeds
tab, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2703311 - Last Review: 07/09/2012 06:46:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2703311