Garbled text appears in the Notes section of a Contact window in Outlook after the Korean MUI Package for Lync 2010 is installed
Consider the following scenario:
- Contact information is configured to synchronize automatically between Microsoft Lync 2010 and Microsoft Outlook in a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environment that is integrated with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- A user installs the Korean Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Package for Lync 2010 on a computer that has both Outlook and Lync 2010 installed.
- The user changes the display language in Lync 2010 to Korean in the Options menu.
- The user adds a new contact by using Lync 2010.
Note This issue also occurs when the user installs other MUI packages for languages that use double-byte character set characters.
This issue occurs because the contact information that Lync 2010 sends to Outlook through Exchange Web Services (EWS) does not contain the character set (charset) information. Therefore, the Exchange server generates an incorrect charset when the server converts the text.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
2701664 Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: June 2012
For more information about Lync 2010 integration, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2703315 - Last Review: 06/16/2012 20:11:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Lync 2010
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2703315