Federated partners do not receive archiving disclaimers during an IM conversation in a Lync 2010 client
Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy an Archiving server in a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environment.
- You enable federation in the environment.
- You configure the server to send archiving disclaimers to federated partners.
- A user signs in to a Lync 2010 client and sends an Instant Message (IM) to a federated partner.
In this scenario, the federated partner does not receive an archiving disclaimer.Note
The disclaimer is also not displayed when the issue occurs in an independent environment.
This issue occurs because Lync 2010 ignores the property in an INVITE message that states that the archiving process is occurring in the remote or federated Lync Server 2010 environment.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: June 2012
You need to install the update on both the Lync 2010 client and the federated partner's client to display the disclaimer.
For more information about how to configure Lync Server 2010 to send archiving disclaimers to federated partners, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2703317 - Last Review: 07/09/2012 03:19:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2703317