Microsoft Reader: Minimum System Requirements
This article was previously published under Q270846
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes the minimum system requirements that are needed to run Microsoft Reader on a Microsoft Windows-based computer.
To run Microsoft Reader on a Windows-based computer, you need:
- Pentium 75 MHz or higher microprocessor
- 16 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- Approximately 19 MB of available hard disk space (Microsoft Reader is 3.6 MB, but additional hard disk space is required for installation)
- Operating System-Microsoft Windows 98 platforms, Microsoft Windows NT4 SP6, Microsoft Windows 2000 platforms, Microsoft Windows XP, and Microsoft Windows Me
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 Service Pack 1 or later
- VGA or higher resolution monitor and video card capable of displaying 16 bit color Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device
In addition, an Internet connection is required to gain access to the Bookstore feature of the program and to download additional books for Microsoft Reader.
msreader ebook requires sysreqs
Article ID: 270846 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 04:20:18 - Revision: 3.1
Microsoft Reader 2.0 for the Pocket PC
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB270846