Description of Lync 2010 Group Chat SDK: June 2012
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issue that this release fixesThis release fixes the following issue:
- 2702456 An application that you developed by using Lync Server 2010 Group Chat SDK APIs crashes
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the UCGCSDK.msi package now.
Release Date: June 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesPlease make sure that the following services are running before you install the update:
- Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Server - Lookup service / Channel service
- Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Compliance Server - Compliance service
For more information about the update for Unified Communications Managed API 3.0 Runtime, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationInstall this update for Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Server
- Make sure that all Lync Server 2010 Group Chat servers are installed, configured, and functioning correctly. Lync Server 2010 Group Chat servers include Channel Server, Lookup Server, and Compliance Server.
- Remove the previously installed version of Lync 2010 Group Chat Server SDK before you install this package.
- Stop the currently-running Channel service and Lookup service.
- To apply this update, install this update by running UCGCSDK.msi on all of the computers that are in any of the Group Chat Server roles.
- On the Group Chat server, start the Server Config Tool as follows:
- Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Server Config Tool
- File location: <drive letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changesthe server's configuration files to reflect these changes. The Group Chat servers installed on this computer require an upgrade to QFE1. You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat services before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel service and the Lookup service, and then restart the Compliance service.
Only the MSI update files (.msp files) without a complete installer are released in the update package. After you upgrade all Lync Server 2010 Group Chat servers to this update, follow these steps to add another Group Chat server into the existing pool:
- Set up Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server (Channel Server and Lookup Server) on a new database by using the same service accounts as the existing pool. Refer to Lync Server 2010 deployment documentation for more information about how to set up a Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server.
- Upgrade to the new Lync Server 2010 Group Chat installation.
- Stop both the Channel service and the Lookup service.
- Run the following command to reconfigure the new servers to point to the Group Chat database pool.
<drive letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe /i
Note All services start automatically after the servers are reconfigured.
Removal informationAfter you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled. If you uninstall this update, the Channel service and the Lookup service do not start. You may receive the following error message in the event log:
Event ID 6407
Description: The Server is not compatible with the database at server=<yoursqlservername>;Database=<databasename>;Integrated Security=SSPI
This update package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update package contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issue that listed in this article.
The global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Eula_mgc_sdk.rtf||Not Applicable||12,554||5/26/12||16:36||Not Applicable|
|Groupchatsdk.chm||Not Applicable||1,972,157||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Samplechat.cs||Not Applicable||6,343||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Samplecommon.cs||Not Applicable||11,833||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Sampleloadtest.cs||Not Applicable||24,802||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Samplemanagement.cs||Not Applicable||17,870||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Sampleusercolors.cs||Not Applicable||6,080||5/26/12||16:39||Not Applicable|
|Ucgcredist.msi||Not Applicable||909,312||5/27/12||8:37||Not Applicable|
Article ID: 2709419 - Last Review: 09/04/2013 09:22:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB2709419