Delay when you try to add a member to a Group Chat room by using Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Administrator Tool
Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy Group Chat in a Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment.
- You sign in to the Group Chat Administration Tool, and then you add several distribution lists to the scope of the root category.
- You create a new subcategory under the root category. You add some distribution lists to the scope of the subcategory by using the override option.
- You create a chat room under the subcategory.
- You try to add certain members, managers, or presenters to the chat room. To do this, you perform a search in the search window.
This issue occurs because multiple Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) queries are called when the Group Chat Administrator Tool performs an LDAP search. Therefore, a delay occurs when you perform a search in the Active Directory database.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative updates:
2728997 Description of the cumulative update for the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Administration Tool: July, 2012
2728998 Description of the update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server: July, 2012
2735021 Description of the update for Lync 2010 Group Chat: July 2012
For more information about scope and membership, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2711263 - Last Review: 09/06/2012 09:24:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB2711263