XADM: Rerunning Performance Optimizer Is Recommended After Applying Service Pack
This article was previously published under Q271824
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft recommends that you run the Performance Optimizer (Perfwiz.exe) on an Exchange Server computer after you perform a service pack update.
There are generally modifications and improvements to the Performance Optimizer (Perfwiz.exe) in each service pack.
The Performance Optimizer is a very sophisticated tuning and balancing toolthat you should also use in the following situations:
- After every new installation of Exchange Server or upgrade of Exchange Server, before you put the server into production.
- After you add components (such as connectors) to a server, including directory replication connectors.
- When the number of users on your server, site, or organization changes significantly.
: Before you run the Performance Optimizer, please make sure to save any customized registry settings to the Microsoft Exchange Services because Perfwiz.exe will replace these settings.
After you run Perfwiz.exe, there may be occasions when some or all of these settings may be imported once again into the registry for additional optimization of the Exchange server.
resources Q195006 MSExchangeIS 1160 perfwiz exe
Article ID: 271824 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 00:44:12 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB271824