You receive a "80072EE6" error code when you download an update from Windows Server Update Services in Windows 7-based or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer
- You have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- You configure Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) over the Group Policy 'Specify intranet Microsoft update service location'
- While trying to perform Windows Update, the update operation may fail. Additionally, you receive the following error code:80072EE6
For Example, corp.contoso.com or an IPaddress is invalid.
- Click on Start and then type gpedit.msc
- Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update\
- From the right-side pane double-click on Specify intranet Microsoft update service location to open it
- Verify that the URL includes http:// or https://. For Example, http://corp.contoso.com or https://corp.contoso.comNote
To use this setting, you must set two server name values: the server from which Automatic Updates detects and downloads updates, and the server to which updated workstations upload statistics. You can set both values to be the same server.
Article ID: 2724184 - Last Review: 07/26/2012 00:02:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbprowindows kbprowindowsserver kbwindowsupdatev4 KB2724184