Description of Microsoft StreamInsight 2.1
This article introduces the release of Microsoft StreamInsight 2.1. StreamInsight 2.1 includes the following components:
- The software development kit (SDK) for developing StreamInsight applications and adapters
- The StreamInsight Event Flow Debugger for monitoring, diagnosing, and debugging StreamInsight applications
- The runtime libraries for StreamInsight
How to obtain Microsoft StreamInsight 2.1To download and to install StreamInsight 2.1, go to the following Microsoft Update website:
Download the Microsoft StreamInsight 2.1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo install StreamInsight 2.1, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You have administrative permissions on the computer.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is installed on the computer.
- To install a version of StreamInsight 2.1 (StreamInsight.msi) other than the evaluation version, you must have a valid Microsoft SQL Server 2012 product key. The product key determines the scalability capacity (which, in turn, determines the event rate per second) that is available to StreamInsight 2.1. You should be aware that an instance of SQL Server 2012 that is associated with the product key does not have to be installed on the computer.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply the installation. However, the installation process creates a user group that is named according to the instance name. For an instance named "MyInstance," the user group is named "StreamInsightUsers$MyInstance." If you want to connect to a remote StreamInsight server, you must be a member of this group. If you are logged in while your account is being added to the group, you must log off and then log on the computer for the group membership to become effective.
For detailed documentation about Microsoft StreamInsight 2.1, go to the following MSDN webpage:
Article ID: 2731961 - Last Review: 08/21/2012 18:37:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Web
- kbsurveynew kbhowto kbexpertiseadvanced atdownload KB2731961