How to disable or enable application isolation in Windows 8 and in Windows Server 2012
- This Group Policy setting applies only to applications that are opted into application isolation.
- This Group Policy setting applies only to printer drivers that are loaded by applications. Printer drivers that are loaded by the print spooler are not affected by this setting.
- After you change the Group Policy setting, you must restart the running application to apply the setting.
Fix it for meTo disable or enable application isolation automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then, click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- The Fix it solutions apply to Windows 8 only.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor before you run this wizard. Otherwise, you have to restart your computer after you run this wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Let me fix it myself
Use the Local Group Policy Editor
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type gpedit.msc.
- Tap or click the displayed gpedit icon.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then select Printers.
- Double-tap or double-click Isolate print drivers from applications.
- Select Disable, and then tap or click Apply.
For more information about application isolation, go to the following Microsoft MSDN website:
Article ID: 2732814 - Last Review: 02/04/2013 05:01:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbhowto kbfixme kbmsifixme KB2732814