FIX: IPv6 Technology Preview Refresh
This article was previously published under Q273826
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
To provide Winsock developers with an Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Technology Preview refresh, a hotfix for Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 (SP1) has been developed.
Microsoft has created a hotfix that contains the files necessary to enable the following IPv6 functionality on Windows 2000 SP1:
- IPv6 connectivity for supported scenarios described in the IPv6 Technology Preview documentation.
- Configuration, test and diagnostic utilities.
- Web browsing support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0x.
- FTP client support.
- Telnet client and server support.
For instructions about installing the IPv6 Technology Preview for Windows 2000, please refer to the following Web address:
The IPv6 Technology Preview is intended for development environments only; production environments should not apply this hotfix.
This hotfix replaces the following system files:
The following additional files are placed in system directories to enable IPv6 protocol support:
Article ID: 273826 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 07:33:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kboswin2000fix kbqfe KB273826