You can't install Office Starter 2010 on Windows 8
After you upgrade a Windows 7 PC that came with Microsoft Office Starter 2010 to Windows 8, a compatibility error will occur when you click Use
to install Office Starter 2010:
This program has compatibility issues.
The compatibility problem does not occur if you select the Activate
In order to use Microsoft Office Starter 2010 in Windows 8, you must first install and update it in Windows 7.WARNING
The resolution provided will remove all personal files and settings from your PC. Please create a back-up of your files and programs before you follow these steps.
- Use the recovery method your PC manufacturer provided to restore your PC back to Windows 7.
- Find and double-click the shortcut called Microsoft Office 2010 in the Windows Start menu.
- Click the Use button, and then click Open.
- Once the install is complete, download and install this required Click-to-Run update.
- You can now upgrade your Windows 7 PC to Windows 8.
Article ID: 2742695 - Last Review: 08/29/2012 16:01:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbexpertiseinter KB2742695