"Searching for available RemoteApp Programs" message is displayed indefinitely on the RD Web Access webpage
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a Remote Desktop (RD) Web Access server on a computer that is running Windows Server 2012.
- You configure the ShowDesktops setting to False in Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Note This action disables the Connect to a remote PC tab on the RD Web Access webpage.
- A user signs in to the RD Web Access webpage and tries to start a remote connection.
In this scenario, the user cannot start a remote connection. Specifically, the following message is displayed indefinitely:
Searching for available RemoteApp Programs
This is a known issue in Windows Server 2012.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- On the RD Web Access server, open the following file:
- Locate line 380.
- Change if (ActiveXMode) to the following text:
if (ActiveXMode && <xsl:value-of select="$feedidprefix"/>Controls.PORTAL_REMOTE_DESKTOPS != null)
Article ID: 2743682 - Last Review: 10/26/2012 07:35:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 Standard
- kbprb kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2743682