XADM: How to Change an E-mail Alias in the SMTP Address
This article was previously published under Q274998
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to change an e-mail alias in the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) proxy address.
As an administrator, you can change a user's e-mail alias. To ensure that the user continues to receive messages that are sent to their previous e-mail address, follow these steps:
- Start the Exchange Server Administrator program and locate the user whose e-mail address alias you want to change.
- Right-click the user and click Properties.
- Click the E-mail Address tab, click New, click Internet Address, and then click OK.
- Type a new e-mail address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the address you just created, and then click to select the Set as Reply Address check box.
When you change the user's alias name in the Administrator program, you do not change the user's e-mail alias.
Article ID: 274998 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 02:00:09 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB274998