DHCP servers report different failover states or do not replicate lease information in a Windows Server 2012-based DHCP failover relationship
- Two DHCP servers in a failover relationship report different failover states. This issue occurs even though both servers are connected to the network.
- Some lease information is not replicated successfully between the two DHCP servers even though both servers report a typical failover state.
- Existing scopes are migrated to Windows Server 2012 by using netsh dhcp server export and netsh dhcp server import commands. Or, an existing DHCP server is upgraded to Windows Server 2012.
- A scope has one or more inactive reservations when the scope is migrated or when the DHCP server is upgraded.
Export-DhcpServer $env:SystemRoot\System32\Dhcp\Temp.txt -LeasesImport-DhcpServer -BackupPath $env:SystemRoot\System32\Dhcp\Backup -File $env:SystemRoot\System32\Dhcp\Temp.txt -ScopeOverwrite -LeasesRestart-Service DHCPServer
Article ID: 2751456 - Last Review: 08/28/2013 08:24:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2751456