Outlook 2013 starts slowly when it loads Microsoft Conferencing Add-in
When the Microsoft Conferencing Add-in is installed and loaded automatically in Microsoft Outlook 2013, Outlook 2013 starts slowly.
This behavior is by design.
To have the Microsoft Conferencing Add-in load more efficiently when Outlook 2013 starts, follow these steps to enable the List of managed add-ins Group Policy for Outlook 2013.
Go to the following Microsoft website to download and install the Group Policy Administrative Template files and Office Customization Tool files for Office 2013:List of managed add-ins Group Policy for Outlook 2013 so that the Microsoft Conferencing Add-in loads efficiently when Outlook 2010 starts.
Note The following steps require Administrative permissions.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type gpedit.msc.
- Tap or click the displayed Gpedit.msc icon.
- In the Details pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, double-click the List of managed add-ins Group Policy.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Click the List of managed add-ins Show... button.
- Type Microsoft.LiveMeeting.Addins in the Value name column of the Show Content dialog box.
- Type 1 in the Value column of the Show Content dialog box.
- Click OK two times to close the List of managed add-ins dialog box.
- Restart Outlook 2013 for the List of managed add-ins Group Policy to take effect.
Article ID: 2758299 - Last Review: 12/04/2012 08:34:00 - Revision: 4.0
Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB2758299