Internet Explorer 9 cannot retrieve a secure URL if BranchCache is enabled
Consider the following scenario:
- BranchCache support is enabled on the Windows Server for the network.
- The client computer has BranchCache enabled.
- The client computer is running Internet Explorer 9.
- On the client computer, you try to open a secure URL (https) that is larger than 4-KB characters long.
In this scenario, when you try to browse to this secure URL, Internet Explorer cannot open the webpage.
Security update information
To resolve this problem, install the most current cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To install the most current updates, visit the following Microsoft Website:
For more technical information about the most current cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft Website:Note
This update was first included in security update 2744842 (MS12-063). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS12-063: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: September 21, 2012
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
ie9 webpage https secure url
Article ID: 2758617 - Last Review: 11/16/2012 03:26:00 - Revision: 3.0
Windows Internet Explorer 9
- kbqfe kbfix kbwindowsupdate kburl kbhttp kbbug kbsurveynew KB2758617