Description of the Office 2013 update: April 9, 2013
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2013. This update provides the latest fixes for the 64-bit edition of Office 2013. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.
Issues that this update fixes
- Consider the following scenario:
- You open a presentation in PowerPoint 2013. You then view the slides in the Slide Master view.
- You apply theme colors to the title and content text.
- You close the Slide Master view and go back to the Normal view.
- You select a different color theme for the slides on the Design ribbon.
- Assume that you want to set the cell margin of a table through the Cell Text Layout dialog box in a presentation in PowerPoint 2013. When you try to set the margin to a number that has more than two decimal places, you are unsuccessful. For example, if you set a cell margin to 0.05, it is automatically rounded to 0.1.
- When you have FullControl permissions, you cannot use the SideLoading feature to install a non-Access 2013 app or an Access 2013 app that contains malicious components. Valid apps that fail through the SideLoading feature can still be installed by using the corporate catalog.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to click-to-run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine whether the update is installed
This update contains the files that are listed in the following tables.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
How to uninstall this update
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Type windows update, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click View installed updates in the search results.
- In the list of updates, locate and then tap or click update 2760360, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type Appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click View installed updates.
- In the list of updates, locate and then click update 2760360, and then click Uninstall.
Article ID: 2760360 - Last Review: 04/18/2013 08:39:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013, Microsoft Office Personal 2013, Microsoft Office Professional 2013, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, Microsoft Office Standard 2013
- kbsurveynew atdownload kbexpertisebeginner KB2760360