You cannot add an add-in to PowerPoint
This article was previously published under Q276285
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to add an add-in to Microsoft PowerPoint, the add-in may not be loaded, or it may not appear in the list of add-ins.
By default, PowerPoint uses the following security settings. These settings do not let you install add-ins:
- In Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, the Macro Settings option in the Trust Center is set to Disable all macros without notification.
- In Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 and in Microsoft PowerPoint 2002, the Security Level option is set to High.
To install an add-in, change the macro setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click PowerPoint Options.
- Click Trust Center.
- Under Microsoft Office PowerPoint Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings.
- Under Macro Setting, click the type of macro setting that you want to use, and then click OK.
PowerPoint 2003 and PowerPoint 2002
To install an add-in, change the security level. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Security.
- On the Security Level tab, click the type of security level that you want to use, and then click OK.
Article ID: 276285 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 16:59:22 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsettings kbaddin kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB276285