This update fixes extremely important issues and also helps improve security.
Improvements that are included in the update
The Office for Mac 2011 14.2.5 Update also includes the following improvements.
Improvements for Outlook for Mac 2011
- This update fixes an issue in which automatic configuration did not work correctly for Outlook.com accounts.
- This update addresses an issue when importing data from a PST file. If an email message in the PST file contains inline images followed by attachments (in that order), the attachments will be missing from the message after it is imported in Outlook for Mac.
- This update fixes an issue in which certain kinds of distribution lists were not being recognized correctly as distribution lists and could not be expanded.
- This update addresses an issue when you use a Gmail account in Mac Outlook 2011 14.2 and later versions. When you move a message between folders, a duplicate of it was incorrectly created in the All Mails folder.
- This update addresses an issue in which spaces sometimes disappear when pasting content from Word or replying to messages generated in windows Outlook (which uses WordMail as editor). The issue was caused by incorrect parsing of the copied content in Outlook for Mac.
- This update adds a designated error to inform users when an expired password results in authentication failure. Previously, users were not provided this level of detail when an authentication failure occurred.
Previously released improvements included in this update
This update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2011 updates since the release of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 Update
. For more information about the improvements in a previous update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.2 Update2598783
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update2644347
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update2685940
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.0 Update2705358
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.1 Update2665351
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.2 Update2721015
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 Update2742588
Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.4 Update
Before you install the Office 2011 14.2.5 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac
on the Apple
Additionally, you must install the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 Update before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.2.5 Update.
To verify that the update that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, open Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, compare the version number next to Latest Installed Update.
How to obtain the update
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.2.5 Update package now.
Release Date: November 13, 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer. Then, on the File
menu, click Show Files
- The Office 2011 14.2.5 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website: