Creating a system image on Windows 8 may fail if the CD/DVD is not formatted
- You have a Windows 8 system with a FAT volume present (for example a UEFI system with ESP partition in FAT 32 format, or a FAT 32 formatted USB drive plugged in.)
- From the Control Panel, you select "Windows 7 File Recovery."
- You click on "Create a system image" and select "On one or more DVDs."
- Then you select "Start backup."
After the "Start backup" process starts, the following error message will appear:
"The backup failed. The drive cannot find the sector requested. (0x8007001b)."
- Right-click the DVD drive in File Explorer.
- Select "Format" and accept the default values.
Article ID: 2779795 - Last Review: 12/20/2012 17:59:00 - Revision: 4.0