You cannot close duplicate personal folders (.pst) files in Outlook 2002
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you open a second copy of your primary personal folder (.pst) file, you cannot close it. The menu command is unavailable.
To work around this behavior, remove the duplicate copy of the .pst file from your Mail profile:
- Close Outlook.
- Start Control Panel, and then double-click Mail.
- Click Show Profiles, click your profile, and then click Properties.
- Click Data Files.
- Click the duplicate personal folder, click Remove, click Yes, click Close, click Close again, and then click OK.
- Start Outlook. The duplicate personal folder should not be present.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 278167 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 17:03:49 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmenu kbbug kbnofix KB278167