RDP sessions freeze when multiple users try to log off a terminal server at the same time while signed in to Office Communicator 2007 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- Multiple users sign in to a terminal server by using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) sessions.
- Some users sign in to Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2.
- Some of them try to log off the RDP sessions at the same time.
In this scenario, the RDP sessions freeze. Additionally, the users receive a message. For example, the users receive a message when they try to log off a Windows Server 2008 terminal server:
"Please wait for the System Event Notification Service"
This issue occurs because Office Communicator 2007 R2 uses a legacy Windows API to obtain a Windows logon event notification or a Windows logoff event notification.
To resolve the issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Office Communicator 2007 R2: December 2012
For more information about the article, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
"Please wait for the System Event Notification Service" error message when users try to log on or log off a terminal server that is running Lync 2010
Article ID: 2782793 - Last Review: 12/14/2012 06:32:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2782793