Name order of a contact is displayed incorrectly after you edit the contact in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You use the Outlook Web App (OWA) or Microsoft Outlook in online mode in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment. Additionally, the display language in the OWA or Outlook is Japanese.
- The system locale of the Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server is not Japanese.
- You create a new contact and input a name by using Double-Byte Character Set (DBCS) characters. The order of the contact display name is LastName FirstName.
- You edit the contact. For example, you add a company name and then save the contact.
Note If you have Microsoft Lync Server 2010 deployed in the environment, the name of the contact on Microsoft Lync 2010 is also displayed incorrectly.
This issue occurs because the Exchange server does not use the same name order to update the contact names as the OWA or Outlook that uses the Japanese display language.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
2746164 Description of Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2783586 - Last Review: 02/12/2013 17:01:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- kbQFE kbfix kbsurveynew kbExpertiseInter KB2783586