User in a DG does not receive a chat room invitation when the user signs in to an Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat client
Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy a Group Chat server in a Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment.
- You add a Distribution Group (DG) as a member to a Group Chat room in the environment.
- A user in the DG signs in to the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat client.
In this scenario, the user does not receive the chat room invitation. Additionally, the user cannot join the Group Chat room.
This issue occurs because it takes longer than expected for the Group Chat server to synchronize with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
To resolve the issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Server: December, 2012
Article ID: 2783949 - Last Review: 12/14/2012 06:26:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2783949