"Domain has associated subdomains" or "You cannot remove a domain that has subdomains" error when you try to remove a domain from Office 365
If you try to remove a domain from Microsoft Office 365, you experience one or both of the following symptoms:
- When you try to remove the domain through the Office 365 portal, you receive the following error message:Domain has associated subdomains.
- When you try to remove the domain by using Windows PowerShell, you receive the following error message:Remove-MsolDomain : You cannot remove a domain that has subdomains. You must first delete the subdomains before you can remove this domain.
At line:1 char:18
+ Remove-MsolDomain <<<< -DomainName <DomainName>
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [Remove-MsolDomain], MicrosoftOnlineException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.DomainHasChildDomainException,Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.RemoveDomain
To fix this issue, remove all subdomains that contain the domain that you're trying to delete.
For example, consider the following scenario:
- You have two domains: www.contoso.com and contoso.com.
- You want to remove the contoso.com domain.
For more info, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
2284755 You get an error message when you try to remove a domain from Office 365
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
ID článku: 2787792 - Poslední kontrola: 07/09/2014 04:36:00 - Revize: 9.0
Microsoft Office 365
- o365 o365022013 o365e o365p o365a o365m KB2787792