How to Use Log Files to Rebuild the Priv1.edb File
This article was previously published under Q278958
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you lose the Priv1.edb file and do not have any backup, you can recover all data if you have all the log files.
To recover the data:
- Make sure you have all log files starting from E0000001.log to E00.log.
Note E0000001.log must be available for this procedure to succeed. If E0000001.log is not available, no remaining log files can be committed or played into the new database files.
- Move the .edb, .stm, and .chk files from the Mdbdata folder.
- Make sure that information store service is running.
- Mount the database. It creates new .edb and .stm files, and replays all of the log files.
- Check the App log to make sure that log files are replaying. You may also notice that the size of the .edb and .stm files start growing.
Article ID: 278958 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 22:39:29 - Revision: 5.6
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB278958