How to Recover Icons Accidentally Removed from the Desktop
This article was previously published under Q279109
When you move a group of desktop icons, you may remove some of the icons from the visible desktop.
To view the missing icons again, follow these steps:
- Right-click a blank portion of the desktop.
- Click Arrange Icons, and then click Auto Arrange.
- Repeat steps one and two to clear the Auto Arrange option.
This procedure arranges the desktop icons in their default positions.
Article ID: 279109 - Last Review: 01/29/2007 06:42:31 - Revision: 2.3
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
- kbdisplay kbenv kbinfo kbui KB279109