Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 13
Note Update Rollup 13 introduces support for Windows Server 2012 and for Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.1. The Self-Healing Setup (SHS) that is required to install Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on Windows Server 2012 will be published on Microsoft Update alongside the update rollup in mid-to-late April, 2013. Please see the following Compatibility article:
Note A previous update rollup (Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011) introduces additional browser compatibility. For more information about this, go to the following Microsoft website:
Note Update Rollup 12 also includes new indexes for the following entities in the Quick Find Search Optimization feature. These indexes are created when you install Update Rollup 12. Additionally, some parts of the installation process take longer than expected to finish. This is because the indexes have to be populated. The time that is required to populate the indexes depends on the size of the dataset.
- Contact (the Phone Number fields)
- Business Unit
- Connection Role
- KB Article
- Sales Literature
Note Update Rollup 12 also contains updates for the software development kit (SDK), metadata, and activity feeds. For more information, go to the following Microsoft websites:
Note A previous update rollup (Update Rollup 10 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011) introduced additional functionality and support in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. For more information about this, go to the following Microsoft websites:
Support with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Windows 8
Support with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Internet Explorer 10
Update Rollup 10 includes performance improvements for queries and the Quick Find feature. For more information, see the "Optimizing the performance of queries against large datasets" and "Optimizing the performance of quick find queries" sections on the following Microsoft website:
Build number and file names for this update rollup
|Rollup package||Build number||File name (32-bit versions)||File name (64-bit versions)|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server||5.0. 9690.3448||Not applicable||CRM2011-Server-KB2791312-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook||5.0. 9690.3448||CRM2011-Client-KB2791312-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Client-KB2791312-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router||5.0. 9690.3448||CRM2011-Router-KB2791312-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Router-KB2791312-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Language Pack||5.0. 9690.3448||CRM2011-Mui-KB2791312-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Mui-KB2791312-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions||5.0. 9690.3448||Not applicable||CRM2011-Srs-KB2791312-LangID-amd64.3exe|
Update Rollup InformationUpdate Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available for on-premises customers.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 2791312 package now.
Release Date: March 26, 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Windows Update installationUse Windows Update to automatically install Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. This update rollup will be available on Windows Updates in April 2013.
You can configure Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This setting addresses noncritical problems and helps improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically when you use this setting.
To learn more about the settings for installing Windows updates, go to the following Microsoft websites:
To install Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Update in the Start Search box. In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or prompts you to review important updates, click to select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK. Additionally, click any update for more information.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish (if the update requires this action). If you are prompted to enter an administrator password, type the password. Then, confirm that you accept the terms if you are prompted to do this.
Manual installationTo manually install Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, follow these steps.
- Go to the following Microsoft Update Catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 2791312, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
Additional installation information
- After you install this update rollup, exit any existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM sessions and then start a new Microsoft Dynamics CRM session.
- When you de-provision a language pack, the language settings of all Microsoft Dynamics CRM users who are using that language will revert to the default language settings. The re-provisioning process does not update the language settings of users. Therefore, users must reset their language settings in the personal options section when they log on to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 (build 5.0.9690.1992) or a later version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 installed to apply this update rollup. For more information about Update Rollup 6, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart requirementIf you are prompted to restart the computer, do so after you apply the update rollup.
Removal informationYou can uninstall Update Rollup 13 from a server that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM. However, back up your databases before you uninstall Update Rollup 13. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) websites:Note If you apply Update Rollup 10v2 in addition to Update Rollup 10v1, and then you remove Update Rollup 10v2, reconfigure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the Outlook client.
Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Assume that you enable network load balancing (NLB) for Internet-Facing Deployment (IFD) and claims authentication in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. You set the token lifetime to more than ten hours for claims and IFD endpoints. In this situation, you unexpectedly receive a message after ten hours that requires authentication.
- You cannot configure the CRM Outlook client by using the organization URL of an Office 365 CRM organization.
- The CallerId property is not configured for Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) calls that are made from Microsoft Silverlight or Microsoft Jscript.
- When you reassign all records from one user to another user, a time-out error occurs.
- When you export a Microsoft Excel worksheet, the name of the exported file differs from the view name of the worksheet.
- When you try to reply to a tracked email message that you received from another Microsoft Dynamics CRM user, a "prvWriteActivity permission" error occurs.
- You cannot import customizations into Microsoft Dynamics CRM. This issue is caused by relationships that do not use the correct prefixes.
- Out-of-Box SQL based reports do not work as expected if the dynamically generated string is longer than 4000 characters.
- When you merge email messages by using rules in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook crashes.
- The WorkflowContext.CreateOrganizationService function does not use the current user ID.
- Assume that you create an SDK application, and then the application creates an email message. You create an activity mime attachment that is associated with the email message, and then you retrieve all columns for the attachment. In this situation, the logical name of the email message is listed incorrectly as the name of the activity mime attachment.
- When you click a link in a site map, all the links in the site map are opened expect for the link that you clicked.
- When you create an entity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, form level ribbon customizations are not imported.
- After you install Update Rollup 12for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you cannot configure lookup values by using Jscript.
- Assume that you copy an appointment into Microsoft Dynamics CRM. However, when you view the appointment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you are directed to the original appointment instead of the copied appointment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- The time is not displayed correctly in the tooltip for follow-up tasks for Microsoft Dynamics CRM records in Outlook.
- When you set the read permission for email message templates to Business Unit, you cannot view templates for personal email messages.
- Assume that you refresh a form to load data into the form by using the green circle button. When you export the data to Excel, the data in the fifth sub-grid is not exported.
- Changes in asynchronous service error handling to retry plugin when Generic SQL Error is received.
- Unable to access CRM after an organization import with users from a secondary domain.
- When your user account is disabled in a default organization, you cannot run path based reports.
- When you load role based forms, the computer freezes.
- When the subject line is empty in an email message in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook client, you cannot convert the email message to a case or opportunity.
- The Azure Service Bus Integration procedure does not consider message size.
- You cannot export translations that have duplicate labels.
- After you export data to Excel by using the "Export saved view" option, the data is not displayed in Excel.
- You cannot import a record when the parent record of the record has an inactive duplicate.
- When you perform a search in the "Quick find" search option, no results are returned.
- When you export data to Excel by using the Dynamic Worksheet option for activities, a System.InvalidCastException error occurs.
- Assume that you set the Relationship Behavior for Assign value to Cascade Active. In this situation, you cannot assign an appointment to a user.
- When you retrieve multiple queries, you experience slow performance in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Additionally, when there are over 1,000 business units in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and then you retrieve queries, you receive the following error message:Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'UNION'.
- If an error occurs when you call the AppGridWebService.ashx feature, you do not receive the correct error message.
- You cannot install Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on a computer that has a French version of Windows, SQL Server, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 installed.
- When out-of-the-box dashboards are deleted, you cannot import or export a solution.
- When a plugin cancels the save operation of an opportunity product, the "customer exceptions" error message is not displayed.
- When you select the Show only my records value in a lookup dialog box, records that are owned by all users are displayed unexpectedly.
- After you change some user roles, no users can visit the Microsoft Dynamics CRM site. This issue occurs because of SQL string blockings.
- When you try to create business units, you experience slow performance in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- "Track in CRM" is displayed instead of "Untrack" on the Track in CRM button for appointments.
- After you delete role privileges by using a managed solution in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you cannot add the role privileges again.
- The titles of notes are not displayed in the notes control.
- You cannot change the parent of a business unit to a root business unit.
- You cannot open a custom activity in the Month calendar view.
- When you configure a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client on Windows Server 2012 with Active Directory Federation Services 2.1 (ADFS 2.1) installed, you are directed to an invalid metadata exchange (MEX) endpoint.
- When you add an attachment to a mail merge document, the file name of the attached file contains the full path of the file.
- When the security role settings are configured so that a group of icons are hidden, ribbons are not displayed.
- After you delete a referenced team from a record share, you cannot view the audit history of the referenced team. Additionally, you receive an error message.
- Accounts are not displayed in the active account view in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client.
- When exporting solutions after Update Rollup 12, many-to-many relationships are not exported.
Hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually
Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM contains the following fix that you must enable manually:
When events in a Wait Until condition are met, the condition is not triggered.
Set the OrgDBOrg setting ActivateAdditionalRefreshOfWorkflowConditions to True (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2691237)
Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually:
Sync the private property from Outlook appointments to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 13
Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 fixes the following issue. You must manually resolve this issue after you install Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Rule Deployment Wizard does not work in an Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 mixed environment
Update Rollup 10 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 has no hotfixes or updates that you must enable or configure manually.
Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually:
Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually:
Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually:
Hotfixes and updates that were released as individual fixes
- When you add recipients to an activity record, the record is unexpectedly shared to all the recipients.
- When you create a telephone call, the From value is not updated by a pre-operation plugin.
- A stack overflow occurs at the zero line in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client.
- When you import text data, a SecLib::CheckPrivilege error occurs.
- Replies and forwards of a tracked email message are tracked unexpectedly in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Assume that you run the Set Regarding function on an item in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client. After you cancel the Set Regarding wizard, the item is tracked unexpectedly.
- After you import a managed solution in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, labels on the form for the solution display incorrect information.
- Assume that a data import operation fails for some records in a nondefault organization. When you try to export the failure history, you receive an error message that states that the record is unavailable.
- The web service definition language (WSDL) information for the Organization.svc file is unexpectedly returned with secure sockets layer (SSL) offloading.
- When you change properties in a "send email" or "create email" step in a workflow, an exception error occurs.
- A "Should never reach this point" exception error occurs during the BackgroundSendEmail process.
- After you propose a new time for a recurring appointment, the recurring appointment is converted to a nonrecurring appointment.
- When events in a Wait Until condition are met, the condition is not triggered.
- When you start to track a contact that was tracked previously in Outlook, a Duplicate Record dialog box appears.
- The Zarafa add-in for Outlook does not work in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client.
Update Rollup 13 File Information
Article ID: 2791312 - Last Review: 05/13/2014 07:18:00 - Revision: 12.0
- kbqfe kbmbsmigrate kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kberrmsg atdownload KB2791312