FIX: Replace Write Options Are Ignored When Make Writable on File Get Dialog Box Is Enabled
This article was previously published under Q279182
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you perform a Get operation on a file in the Visual SourceSafe Explorer and set it to either Skip or Ask to replace writable files, both of those options are ignored and the file is overwritten.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This bug was corrected in the latest service pack for Visual Studio 6.0.
For additional information about Visual Studio service packs, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
INFO: Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs, What, Where, Why 194295
HOWTO: Tell That a Visual Studio Service Pack Is Installed
To download the latest Visual Studio service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Perform a Get operation in VSS, check Make writable, and then edit the file.
- Select the file in VSS and bring up the Get dialog box.
- Click Advanced, ensure that Replace writable is set to either Ask or Skip to avoid having the file overwritten,and then click OK.
Article ID: 279182 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 03:40:00 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbssafe600fix kbssexplorer kbvs600sp5fix KB279182