In Microsoft Excel, you can add value labels or percentage labels, but not both, to a pie chart. This article explains how to manually add value labels to a pie chart that uses percentage labels.
Add Value Labels to a Pie Chart That Uses Percentage Labels
- Click the chart to select it.
- In the formula bar, type =reference, where reference is a cell reference to a point of data in the pie chart. For example, type =Sheet1!B2. Press ENTER.
The data label appears in the center of the chart.
- Drag the data label to the appropriate location on the chart.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each point of data in the pie chart.
: Because the data labels are fixed objects in the chart, if the pie chart is dynamic and the data changes, you must move the labels to reflect the changed data.
Article ID: 279199 - Last Review: January 6, 2006 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
|kbhowtomaster kbchart KB279199|