A user can’t start an encrypted desktop sharing or application sharing session with a Lync for Mac 2011 user
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a client policy that requires desktop and application sharing data to be encrypted in a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environment.
Note To do this, you run the Set-CsClientPolicy cmdlet to set the P2PAppSharingEncryption parameter to Enforced.
- User A signs in to Lync for Mac 2011.
- User B shares a desktop or an application with user A.
In this scenario, the desktop sharing or the application sharing operation fails. Additionally, user A receives the following error message:
Encryption policy does not match.
This issue occurs because the Lync for Mac 2011 client does not accept the initial invite that requires an encrypted connection.
To resolve the issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 update
For more information about the Set-CsClientPolicy
cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2793013 - Last Review: 03/08/2013 07:05:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kberrmsg KB2793013