Information about dragging files into document libraries in SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Online by using a web browser
- You use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.
- You use the latest version of Google Chrome.
- You use the desktop version of Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11.
- You use Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9, and you have Microsoft Office 2013 or newer installed on your computer.
Note This scenario affects only folders, and not files.
- When you use Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11, you receive the following message:Sorry, that didn't work
Folders and invalid files can't be dragged to upload.
- When you use the latest version of Google Chrome, you receive the one of the following messages:Folders and unsupported file types can't be uploaded.We can’t upload folders or empty files.
- When you use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, you receive one of the following messages:Folders and unsupported file types can't be uploaded.We can’t upload folders or empty files.
To work around this behavior, use either the Microsoft OneDrive for Business (formerly Microsoft SkyDrive Pro) sync client or the Open with Explorer feature.
For more information, visit the following Microsoft websites:
- Sync OneDrive for Business or SharePoint site libraries to your computer
- 2629108 How to use the "Open with Explorer" command and how to troubleshoot issues with this option in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Support Lifecycle for Internet Explorer
- System requirements for Office 365
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.
Article ID: 2796734 - Last Review: 12/28/2016 15:43:00 - Revision: 17.0
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB2796734