IM window opens unexpectedly when you use the IME to search in Lync 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- You sign in to Lync 2010 and enable the Input Method Editor (IME) for Japanese.
- You type a word in the search box and press the Spacebar one time.
- The word in the search box is changed to the first IME candidate and searched results are returned.
- You try to search the word that you selected by pressing the Enter key.
In this scenario, an IM window for the first searched result opens unexpectedly.Note
The issue also occurs when you perform a search in all languages that are supported by Lync 2010.
This issue occurs because Lync 2010 incorrectly recognizes the Enter key as the end of input.
To resolve this issue, install the following cumulative update:
Description of the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: March 2013
Article ID: 2796749 - Last Review: 03/14/2013 16:55:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Lync 2010
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2796749