Email stays in the Outbox folder until you manually initiate a send/receive operation in Outlook
When this problem occurs, the message remains in your Outbox folder until you manually initiate a Send/Receive operation (for example, press F9 or click Send/Receive).
This setting is tied to the following registry data, so this setting can also be configured by an administrator through a modification of the registry.
Policy key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
DWORD: Send Mail Immediately
Note In the above registry key paths, x.0 represents the Outlook version (16.0 = Outlook 2016, 15.0 = Outlook 2013, 14.0 = Outlook 2010, 12.0 = Outlook 2007, 11.0 = Outlook 2003).
- Outlook 2010 and later verisons
- On the File tab, click Options.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Send and receive section, click to enable Send immediately when connected.
- Click OK.
- Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Options dialog box, select the Mail Setup tab.
- In the Send/Receive section, click to enable Send immediately when connected.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 2797572 - Last Review: 01/13/2016 08:43:00 - Revision: 7.0